Sunday, July 5, 2009

Plainest Toothbrush Ad Everrrrr

A lot of people have told me (including my mom) that a toothbrush, even in any form, colour, shape, electric or not, is still a toothbrush. I know...labo. Ganito lang yun: a toothbrush is a toothbrush. Its main purpose is to clean the inside of your mouth. So it doesn't really matter if it's plain-looking, or patterned after a spaceship (I know a lot of toothbrush brands that look like it). Ganun. Tootbrushing is something innate to mankind. And that's the reason why toothbrush ads turn me off. I always think these ads are here to keep reminding people of the need to brush their teeth, which is really something they should be doing regularly. Oh, for oral hygiene's sake! Now that's yucky.

Anyway, here's a classic from TVP Dental B. After two decades, without any print ads or point-of-sale shelves (to my knowledge) the brand is still alive because I still see it in grocery stores. I still buy Dental B toothbrush, most especially when I travel. I usually pack it neatly along with my other toiletries. Cheap but effective, like any other toothbrush.


thisisoldschooladvertising_dental b toothbrush


The red circle you see points out a product of my childhood...I had this phase in my younger years when I would randomly tear pieces of pages in magazines and books.

Ad copy:

Put your money where your mouth is.

Since you spend so much on making sure you get what you deserve, we felt it was important to ask if your toothbrush is a TVP Dental B.

If it is, you're on the right track.

If it isn't, here's what you've been missing:


- A tapered and rounded head for convenient cleaning of back teeth.
- Top grade nylon bristles rounded at the ends for gentle brushing of teeth and massaging of gums.
- Your choice of bristles: SOFT - for sensitive teeth and gums, MEDIUM - for extra strong cleaning, and HARD for heavy duty cleaning and for brushing dentures.
-Diamond-cut handle in brilliant stone colors to match nearly every whim.

Believe it or not, with all the luxurious features TVP Dental B offers, some people think that all toothbrushes are the same. That's alright. We don't make enough for everyone anyway.
TVP Dental B
The Very Personal DENTAL BRUSH
Feel the luxury.

***

Ouch, natamaan ako sa last line.
Ang haba ng copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment